Tuesday, March 31, 2009
















I couldn't wait to rent "Marley & Me," which made me cry. Our family dog is very much apart of our family, she has seen and grown with us though the years, but we will never forget her love and sacrifice. Marley movie is a tribute to that special kind of love. It's true, dogs love ya no matter if your rich, poor, smart, dumb....they're job is to make you feel Extraordinary! Each dog is very much different and our family has had a few. Bonnie, was very special, I guess b/c she was so insightful, well-behaved, smart, and sweet. My only regret...I should've unleashed her more to enjoy more "Bye-bye walks, runs, time to play, hugs and kisses and more doggie bones. I was lucky to give her last six months, freedom to roam the land and hills around us unleashed. She loved it. When the time came that I had to put her down and out of her painful misery (abdominal cancer),....it was extremely hard on both of us. I laid down on that cold vet floor while I held her in my arms and kiss her goodbye. On a sunny day I found myself weeping as I parked a the vet office to pick up her remains in order, so I could lay her ashes in our yard, but something strange happened and I found that my legs were like lead and wouldn't move. I opened the drivers door, and suddenly felt very sick inside my stomach, and light headed. The more I pushed, the more exhausted I felt. I thought I was going to faint. My heart was pounding, I was experiencing the fight or flight syndrome, but yet there was no danger before me. I sat there for a while and my symptoms subsided, so I tried again, and my symptoms came rushing back. Frustrated as I was, I then started to cry, "please God help me, for I don't understand why I'm so frozen inside." I'm sorry (Jen), my right intentions, Never Happened. I felt like such a failure. I just didn't no how to explain to you why. I still Don't!
But I can say I was sad and teary for months. One night I dreamt that I heard her outside our front door, so I ran out calling "Bonnie, then I saw her as she ran up the side steps to meet me, but she stopped half way. "Com'n girl, you can do it," I heard her wined. As I realized that neither one of us to reach each other, I woke up. I realized then, she ached inside to be with me, but the veil kept us apart, and yet I felt better knowing I wasn't alone in my heartache. I told my Dad, "please take care of her for me."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Mom. I never knew that about the vet office/difficulty picking up her ashes. I tried very hard to stifle a tear or two while reading this. I'm glad you liked the movie.

    I noticed they already had dog food commercials out based on Marley. LOL

    ReplyDelete