Friday, July 31, 2009
A Good Day Turned Up BAd................after my morning walk with diggy, I water the Whole yard, I admit I started off late (8:00 am) for my walk when I noticed it was already heating up. Later I swam across the late, and back, but notice my chest pains starting again while trying to breathe, so I headed home. After dinner, I felt better, so I headed into Santa Rosa to do some shopping, but while I was at Target, I had another breathing attack, and decided to head home. By the time I got home, I was really breathing hard, and I couldn't relax, b/c my chest hurt. I've been sleeping with some big pillows behind my back and head, its has been easier to breathe that way, but not tonight. Thank goodness, my dear husband finally figured out what was wrong. I told him I just need to relax and calm down, but that wasn't working. He headed to the bathroom, then handed me a wet wash cloth and said, "Here, breathe through this!"...and that's what saved me! We found that I need moisture in the air to breathe, like breathing with the vaporizer on. The years of breathing mostly from my mouth, we felt were drying up the bronchial tubes in my lungs; hence, the reason why each breathe brought on my chest pains, which is exerbated by the dry heat. The dry air makes it worse. So now, I'm planning my activities in the morning and late afternoon, if I'm at home where the temps are the hottest...97 & up. Hopfully this will tie me over until I get a new doctor that can help me breathe better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment