Friday, March 02, 2012
It's Friday, and the swelling in his abdomen is starting to decline,...thank God for this blessing. He is feeling better and working on learning his music songs and taking walks with diggy. We are having to adjust into his doctor ordered low sodium diet. We now read sodium levels by serving, not labels that read whether salt is an ingredient. Basically restricted from eating out, but "Fresh Choice" restruant may work. We have also cut down on our sugar consumption and I feel better already having less headaches. Doctor recommended Splenda, a sugar substitution to cook with and I'm anxious to try it; otherwise, I plan on talking to a dietitian at Kaiser hospital to resolve issues using sugar substitute. We don't like the after taste of stevia, a natural plant sugar, b/c for one it leaves an after taste and it is very hard to control the amount of sweetness needed without overpowering your dish...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment